Tuesday, November 22, 2005

11/22

I looked through the projects that I had turned in for my math website project. The students used a wide range of methods to show their results. I think I only had one person write a paper and the rest were posters, powerpoints, brochers, flyers, etc. The students were able to find a lot of resources that will help them if they remember the reson why we did this project. I am hoping to display some of the project in class and in the office so that others can benefit from the research that my algebra students have done. They introduced me to some different avenues that I did not know about. I think it went well, now I have to figure out how to grade these.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karl Fisch said...

I think sharing the results - both with your classes and with your colleagues in the math department - is an excellent idea. Not only does it help those you are sharing with, but I think it helps the students who produced the work originally - that you value what they think and have produced enough to share it with others. It's that idea again of a wider audience for their work other than just their teacher.

1:59 PM  
Blogger annes said...

Good for you. Have you thought about having the students determine part of the grade sort of a self-assessment piece? or have them offer feedback and grades for each others? maybe even conference with them to determine a grade together?

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home