Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Math in real life

I have heard from a couple of students that have sent out emails asking different professions about when they are going to have to use math. I have not received too many yet but this is an email that I got from a student about his project which gives me more hope that this project might have some success.
I AM SOOOOOOO EXCITED, I GOT A REPLY FROM THE TROOPER, AND HE SAID THAT HE WOULD LIKE TO COME TO OUR SCHOOL AND TALK TO US ABOUT HOW HE USES MATH EVERYDAY. I THINK THIS WOULD BE VALUABLE FOR OUR CLASS TO LEARN FROM A TROOPER. WHEN I READ THE EMAIL FROM HIM I TACKLED MY FRIEND IN EXCITEMENT, NEARLY SENDING HIM TO THE ER. I SHOUTED FOR ABOUT 5 MINUTES, THEN WROTE TO YOU. I CAN COORIDINATE WITH THE TROOPER, HE GAVE ME HIS CELL PHONE, AND I CAN CALL HIM TO ARRANGE A DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A COOL ASSIGNEMENT, YOU ROCK!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that there are more students that have similar reactions to this project and I will continue to post information about all this as I get it. I am going to attempt to get this visit set up so that this trooper can come and speak to my class and maybe some other classes as well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gary Ritchey said...

It is those moments that you feel good about teaching! I am so glad you put together a neat assigment and hope you get many more responses like that. It helps combat the feelings a teacher gets like your August 28 post of kids not putting in the effort. Keep up the good work! You are touching kids and making a difference!

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're the bomb, Holman.

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home