Tuesday, September 04, 2007

In class homework

I have been using the internet to post the homework assignments for this semester. I have been trying to update the site early in the day. I have noticed that some of the students are beginning the homework in class while I am still going over the section. This happened last year and the students that were doing it were some of my higher achieving kids. This year I have students doing this in class and I looked up a previous grade and they have struggled in math. I am trying to figure out if it is better for me to keep the student involved in class or let the students struggle through it on there own and miss some of what we are doing in class. These students seem to be doing okay so far but what habits are they getting into that will affect their learning later on?

1 Comments:

Blogger Karl Fisch said...

Can you do a quick check in with them to see if they are understanding it? If they are, then maybe it's not a problem. If they're not, then it obviously is.

Of course, if they are understanding it without having to pay attention in class, perhaps there's another problem we need to address . . .

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home