Tuesday, October 10, 2006

10/10-insight

I was talking to my sister this weekend who happens to be a high school senior in Las Vegas. She is not the best student, but she is looking to graduate this spring. It is nice to talk with her because she is completly honest to me about what she is doing in school. I was talking to her about my classes and her classes and there was one comment that stuck with me. She said that she likes it when a teacher stands at the front of the class and talks because that gives her time to text her friends on her cell phone. I had a junior in one of my freshmen Algebra classes tell me that he has a much harder time zoning out this year because we are working in groups everyday. Once we let the students do more of the work in learning, I think it will be more beneficial to all parties involved.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karl Fisch said...

That might be one of the most succinct indictments of "teacher talk" that I've ever heard. If we don't engage them . . .

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home