Tuesday, October 10, 2006

10/10 - Algebra 2

I have been reviewing in my Algebra 2 classes to get ready for a test and I was talking to one of the groups. There was a girl that said math was her favorite class (sarcastically). She then said that she likes math more this year because she is not as frustrated as she was in the past. I asked her why and her response was that I explained things better in class then in the past. I told her that this is the least amount of explaination that I have done in five years of teaching. She was convinced that I just explain things better, but I am convinced that she is getting a better understanding because of working in groups everyday. She is getting more of her questions answered in a small group that is allowing for more individualized learning. I am convinced that this is not an isolated incident and that most of my Algebra 2 students are seeing better results from working in groups.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karl Fisch said...

Well, it could be both.

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home