Tuesday, November 29, 2005

11/29

I gave some quizzes before the break and I changed the way that I usually give them. I gave my algebra students an opportunity to take the quiz with a partner. They both had to turn in the quiz and I only graded one of the two and both got the same grade. The students were explaining the problems to each other and making corrections on their own. It forced some of the students to teach and to learn from each other. They do not seem to do this when it is only a homework assignments. It was still a pretty traditional assessment, but I think they were able to have a better understanding by learning from each other.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karl Fisch said...

Nice idea. It will be interesting to see if it results in greater understanding in the long run.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home