Friday, May 05, 2006

Cinco de Mayo

I worked with the internet in class a bunch today. I was talking about earthquakes in Advanced Algebra and I used information online to look maore into the practical side. I had a student that asked about the largest earthquake and he was able to do a search for the class to show where and when the earthquake happened. In Algebra, I was talking about parabolas and I fould some online applications on a website. One of the applications was talking about a large reflective building in the Pyrenees Mountains. They were wondering what the building was used for so I had one of the students search the internet. She was able to find that the building used the mirrors to produce a large solar furnace for energy. The internet helped the students get more involved in the lesson today and I need to find more ways to use it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karl Fisch said...

Nice use of technology. Nothing earth shattering (pun intended), but I think it's one of the little ways that we can increase student engagement and interest.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home