Tuesday, March 07, 2006

3/7

I talked with my Advanced Algebra classes about their thoughts of how the class was working for them. In my first hour, they wanted to return to a more traditional approach where they could ask me questions at the start of the hour about their homework. The compromise was made that they would work with partners on M,W and F and I would answer questions on T and R during the week. I did suggest that if there were some students that wanted to ask their partners about questions, they should feel they can do this at anytime. I talked with my second hour about the same thing and there was a unanimous decision to continue running class the same way by working with partners every day. Each class strongly believed that it would work best for them if the class was able to adapt. I hope that each class can be successful in their own ways.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karl Fisch said...

I think it's good that you are honoring what they think will work best for them. I'm wondering if you have any ideas why it might be different between the two classes?

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home