Friday, September 08, 2006

9/8 - students as teachers

I found out that many of my students do not understand fractions. I tried to use the kids in the class to help me teach. I put together 6 problems on operations with fractions. I told all the kids that anyone that gets a 6 out of 6 will not have homework for the weekend which was practice problems on fractions. All the students that got a 6 out of 6, were responsible for helping the other students in the class. This worked really well in my 1st hour, not as well in 3rd hour. I think that any kids that needed clarifying questions got them answered, but there were a few kids that need extra help. It was nice to see the students trying to help each other and I think that the students that were teaching, liked being the expert in class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home