Monday, December 19, 2005

12/19

I have been struggling with how I want to change the way my class is run next semester and how to grade. I have been thinking a lot about this because I am trying to put together classroom expectations to go to the copy room. Then I thought, why not let the students create these on the first day of class. I am also thinking of creating a blog for the class to discuss what and how they are learning in the classroom and changes that might help their learning. I think that my classroom has to change to be more successful, I am just not exactly sure yet what all those changes look like.

4 Comments:

Blogger Roger Hess said...

I can imagine a lot of old fashioned teachers telling you you're crazy, but I'm curious to find out what your students come up with.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Karl Fisch said...

Wow! Very bold thinking. I think it has great potential, but you'll need to be very ready for the complaints/concerns/angst of students/parents/colleagues.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Cara S. said...

It was great to hear you talk about this idea in class. I think you have a valid concern with how to approach administration, but I think that if you presented them with the idea, they would definitely be interested to see how the kids did in making their own expectations. Especially if you did what Anne said, and give yourself ultimate veto power.

2:35 PM  
Blogger annes said...

go for it and apologize later. Just kidding. I think the more input kids have in the classroom the more willing they are to push themselves to achieve greater success.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home