Tuesday, January 17, 2006

1/17

I talked with the students about their expectations and most of them came up with ideas that I have done in class before. I am giving them a lot more opportunity to help each other through problems during class. I have all the students pair up with different partners eaach day and they work with these partners all class period. I find that most of the students are asking each other good questions and they are leaving that time with a good understanding of the material. I am spending less time on the board answering questions and more time working with students individually. It has even helped with students who miss class. They are about to work with another student at the start of class to explain what they missed. They work with the same student for the entire hour so they have someone to ask questions to as they come up during the lesson. So far so good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karl Fisch said...

Sounds good - keep us posted.

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home